Remember my May Jump of the Ladder Challenge? Well here is my before and after:
I started with 10 boxes and an assortment of things. I finished with 3 boxes, two sleeping bags, and a little basket.
How I did it:
- Crafts: Consolidated my craft supplies (recycled bottles, downsized yarn) into one box and moved to a new home inside the apartment.
- Old School Notes: Went through 2 boxes of school notes. Recycled everything that was irrelevant to my field. Put all relevant notes together with relevant textbooks in bookshelf.
- Camping gear: Consolidated 2 boxes into one large box. Threw out unusable things.
- Gardening supplies: Used pots to re-pot plants. Got rid of large tote and put small gardening supplies and seeds in a tiny basket.
- Keepsakes: 1 tote, no change.
- Christmas/Halloween: Got rid of pointless decorations (pine cones, a flameless candle with no batteries…) and consolidated all of the holidays into one box.
- Miscellaneous: Found new homes for things (with friends, Goodwill, etc.)
I was able to get the closet looking good within a week, however finding homes for things took a bit longer. I procrastinated a lot and had stuff rolling around in my car for about two weeks. Gotta work on not losing steam after the initial excitement! So yeah, not nearly as dramatic as my April challenge but still a success!